Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blog Post # 1: Who Are You?

I'm Jacob Noxsel and this is my blog. You might want to know some things about me before I continue. I am the youngest child out of three brothers, Matthew and Peter. I share this trait with my dad and his dad who where also the third sons. I've been living in Mason, Ohio for my whole life, as I pointed out in the about me section, I have lived in the same house for eighteen years. I don't regret living in Mason because it's the quintessential suburb, but I'm grateful to be in a place that has more community than larger cities. My father grew up in the rolling hills of south central Ohio, in Wheelersberg. From his stories and the trips we used to take on Thanksgiving, I gathered it was a place of strong community, and where values like family, hard work and God all were deep rooted. The basement of my great Aunt B's house was full of canned vegetables that she and her family would use year after year. Papaw, my dad's dad, worked in the Coke plant to make iron. My mother has lived in Cincinnati for her whole life and grew up with four sisters and two brothers. She has been in a place like Mason for her whole life, and I feel like I have a little bit of my mother and father in me.
 How my Mom and Dad impact who I am is only a part of me. I am so grateful to be the youngest of three brothers. At times it was hard since I am four years from Pete, and seven years from Matt, but we have always been close. Pete and I went on a three week road trip out west a couple summers ago, and we have grown closer since. All of us have a love for the outdoors, and when I go down to see them in Georgia, we go on day trips, hiking through the beautiful North Georgia Mountains. I am blessed to have a family that is adventurous. We always find someplace to take our fishing/ski boat in the summer or spring every year. My favorite trip to this day is when we went to Canada, near Sturgeon Bay.
Playing sports throughout grade school and high school, I started hanging out with a group of friends. Some joined later on, but from the start of fifth grade pee- wee football, I have been close friends to 8 guys. When my brothers went off to college, the bond with my friends grew, and through the hot August football practices and chillin at Szym's house just about every friday, I considered these guys to be my brothers. So there's a little taste of who I am, but certainly isn't the full story.





No comments:

Post a Comment