Peer Edit: Good job! I really liked how you talked about all of the allusions that are present in "The Pilgrim's Progress". I think they're important, and you did a good job explaining where they come from. I also liked how you talked so much about Faithful, because he is an important character along with Christian.
A few things... You brought up some history in the beginning of your essay, but you might want to add more historical references throughout your essay as well Maybe talk about the allegory a bit more?
Good job overall! Like Elise said, great job at explaining the allusions in the piece. Try adding more of the historical context throughout. Possibly talk, about about the allegory of the piece more. Overall, good job.
Very good analysis; when you are citing Bunyan, use his last name instead of the Holt reference. Use the Holt reference with any background information, though. :-)
Your thesis is very good, but I think you need to be more specific to what those allusions, symbols, and personifications are. Over the course of the piece, however, I thought you did a good job relating back to the thesis, and your explanations are pretty sound. This is much better than mine, actually, I think I need to revise...
Peer Edit:
ReplyDeleteGood job! I really liked how you talked about all of the allusions that are present in "The Pilgrim's Progress". I think they're important, and you did a good job explaining where they come from. I also liked how you talked so much about Faithful, because he is an important character along with Christian.
A few things...
You brought up some history in the beginning of your essay, but you might want to add more historical references throughout your essay as well
Maybe talk about the allegory a bit more?
Good job overall! Like Elise said, great job at explaining the allusions in the piece. Try adding more of the historical context throughout. Possibly talk, about about the allegory of the piece more. Overall, good job.
ReplyDeleteVery good analysis; when you are citing Bunyan, use his last name instead of the Holt reference. Use the Holt reference with any background information, though. :-)
ReplyDeleteYour thesis is very good, but I think you need to be more specific to what those allusions, symbols, and personifications are. Over the course of the piece, however, I thought you did a good job relating back to the thesis, and your explanations are pretty sound. This is much better than mine, actually, I think I need to revise...
ReplyDelete